Fudgy Double Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
We won't blame you if you burn your mouth eating these right out of the oven, but we can't be held responsible.
Peppermint Crispy Wafers meet gooey, chocolaty goodness. If you plan to share, we recommend a double batch, one for you and one for everyone else.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. flavorless oil, such as avocado oil
- 10 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 5 oz. semi sweet chocolate, chips or chopped
- 1 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 bag Little Secrets Peppermint Mini Crispy Wafers in Dark Chocolate, chopped (can use any flavor of Little Secrets Crispy Wafers)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Grease and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper for easy removal of brownies.
- Add butter, oil, and chocolate to a bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. You can also melt it over very low heat on the stove if you don’t have a microwave.
- Add eggs and sugars to a large mixing bowl and using a handheld or stand mixer, beat on high for a couple of minutes until frothy and light.
- Slowly poor the cooled chocolate mixture into the bowl and beat on low until incorporated, then mix in the vanilla.
- Fold in your flour, arrowroot, cocoa powder, and salt until just mixed. Add chopped mini wafers and fold them in, saving a few for the top of the brownies.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and give a big tap on your counter then bake for an additional 18 minutes.
- Cool completely before removing from pan and cutting.