Peppermint Dark Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Recipe and image by Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate in collaboration with Little Secrets Chocolates.
2 tbsp ground flax
6 tbsp water
¾ cup vegan butter, room temperature
1 cup + 2 tbsp organic cane sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ¼ cup all purpose organic flour or gf flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
⅛ tsp salt
3 tbsp multi colored holiday sprinkles
5 oz bag Little Secrets Peppermint Pieces in Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flax and water.
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl of a stand alone mixer using a paddle attachment, beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla extract and flax mixture and beat until well combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until the dough comes together. Fold in the sprinkles and chocolate pieces.
- Use a cookie scooper to make 24 evenly sized dough balls. Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes and the edges are golden brown.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.